As a member of NAPC, you become part of a national network of historic preservation commissions, boards of architectural review, municipal staff, local and state preservation nonprofits, and everyday residents of historic districts who value their historic resources. The NAPC network provides support, resources, and assistance from other commissions and members. As a member of the NAPC, you will benefit from the ideas and experiences of local communities throughout the United States working to protect historic districts and landmarks through local legislation.
Looking to renew your NAPC membership online? Click here to log in
-Commissions: Municipal/county population less than 5,000
-Local nonprofit organizations
-Commissions: Municipal/county population of 5,000 to 50,000
-Regional or state wide nonprofit organizations
-Commissions: Municipal/county population greater than 50,000
-State Historic Preservation Offices
-National Nonprofit Organizations
*Membership includes all commission members and staff. Please provide complete list with each name, mailing address, e-mail, phone number, and preferred delivery method of newsletter (postal or electronic)
Professional Network – $150
Professional Network members are listed on NAPC’s Professional Network Directory and in an issue of The Alliance Review. All other membership benefits are included. Recommended for consultants/consulting firms, businesses, companies, and other professional services.
Premium Memberships – Chair’s Circle: $250 Founder’s Circle: $500
Half of all premium membership dues support NAPC’s student internship and Forum scholarship programs.
- The Alliance Review, our bimonthly newsletter filled with timely articles that cover the issues local commissions and staff are dealing with on the front lines.
- Access to NAPC-L, NAPC’s members-only Listserv, that connects you to local preservation commission members, staff, and others across the United States.
- Technical seminars, special events, meetings, and workshops held in conjunction with the annual National Preservation Conference.
- Reduced registration for FORUM, NAPC’s biennial conference for local preservation commissions and staff.
- Access to a resource library of technical information related to historic preservation commissions.
- A voice for your commission in Washington, DC with our national partners: the National Park Service, the National Trust for Historic Preservation, Preservation Action, the Advisory Council for Historic Preservation, and the National Conference of State Historic Preservation Officers.